First time here? Checkout the Site Help!
x

My PS3 fails loading every modded save, including a file with one single item being modded.

0 like 0 dislike
asked Nov 29 in General by daskius Plebeian (9 points)  
Thank you for reading this. My modded save file is a clean, fresh copy from the PS3. I even deleted characters and restarted a lvl 1 barb to test. I perform the decrypt(once only) and load into the saveEditor. Once here, I copy the one-handed sword from my locker to my character’s inventory and hit all three saves, close the editor, encrypt the file, and copy the save back to my PS3.

The item being modded is the lowest tier shortsword(just to be safe) with slot 1 being (3) socket, slots 2-5 being 1,178 damage, and no other affix. I set item level to 1 and legendary to 70. Quality is Rare6, item tier is Russian Fast Sword. Item flags include identified and enchantable. Only other edit is the prefix as name “Troll’s”.

My game loads the character select screen, runs through 2-3 tips, and then freezes there. After rebooting console and clearing save file, I load the game and start from a fresh save file, no mods, the game runs fine.
commented Nov 29 by daskius Plebeian (9 points)  
There’s a chance that I discovered an answer. Do I need to load my fresh file, bump the character to 70, transfer the save to PS3, let it load, copy back to USB, then add the mod items?

tl:dr Do I have to make him lvl 70 in order for it to work?

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
answered Nov 29 by Doug Supreme Overlord (1,844 points)  
All characters most be a minimum of lvl 2 in game before you can mod them. They must pickup 1 item in game as well as gold. Modded items on ps3 have had issues when being used be characters not lvl 70.
I’m guessing “must have picked up an item” excludes the sword and shield you start with? Also, I did the initial quest for getting into town before exiting and modding. I’ll try again tonight with looting an item and changing level to 70.

Thank you for a quick response!
commented Nov 29 by Doug Supreme Overlord (1,844 points)  
Yes must be a dropped item.
Sorry for it being 15 minutes, my push won’t go any quicker for email alerts ><. Again, thank you for the replies, sir.
commented Nov 29 by Doug Supreme Overlord (1,844 points)  
Most welcome
Welcome to CKY ENT Where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Downloads

System Requirements

316 questions

302 answers

1,358 comments

904 users